Vietnam - highlights in your travel journey

Duc Pham

Hi friends,

I will show you a little bit about Vietnam, my beautiful homeland and my pride every time I think of.

Vietnam is a worth-visiting country with 4000-year history and distinctive cultural features, which will impress you at the first glance.

Hanoi, where I've lived for 20 years, might be bustle and so crowded. But if you are in Hanoi for such a long time like me, you will know every sense of traditional, antique beauty for a-thousand-year history. Hanoi Old Quarter, splendid and showy at night, charming and gracious in a special moment, appeals curious visitors to discover a long-standing culture and belief. Nearby Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake is well-known with the legendary story related to our history. Ho Chi Minh Complex, a sedate and earnest place for the mighty chief of our nation, Ho Chi Minh, having a nice sleep in heaven. And Long BIen Bridge, the bridge going across 3 centuries, will show you idyllic landscape in this hustle city.

Then, we may go to Ninh Binh, to have a nice boat ride in Trang An Landscape Complex, UNESCO World Heritage. If you still remember the blockbuster movie Kong: Skull Island, you might go to Trang An before, in the movie =))) You choose to have a boat ride in Trang An or Tam Coc, both choices still give you a precious chance into wonderland, dip yourself in spectacular nature to see hanging-down stalactites with various and weird shape =)))

Halong Bay may attract you in another way. Being a marvelous gift from Mother Nature, Halong Bay is a dream for locals. If you have a chance to cruise through spectacular landscape with Sung Sot Cave, Thien Cung Grotto, go kayaking through the Bay, visit floating fishing village and go squid-fishing, you will understand why locals love this place that much...

In the Central, we have Hue, dreaming and graceful, famous for palm-leaf conical hat and traditional costume Ao dai. Gently floating on Huong river, looking at majestic scene of Ngu Binh mountain, going into Thien Mu pagoda, we just feel harmony, eurhythmic diapason of nature and the city. That explains why Hue people are very kind, amiable, gratuitious like that.

On the contrary, Da Nang is dynamic city with amusement parks, entertainments, and most importantly, beautiful blue beaches with stretching-out sands for us to be lazy day by day. In the cable car to Ba Na Hill, we can take a lot of gorgeous photos in the breathtaking background.

In the South, you don't wanna miss Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam. You can go to The Reunification Palace, the place marking an important and brilliant milestone of Vietnamese history in 1975 (the day Northern and Southern Vietnamese reunify and burst into emotion). Notre Dame Basilica is a worth-visiting place, where you still see bright red brick originated from Toulouse, France. And don't forget having fun on Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, where organize many interesting outdoor events.

You may want to visit Mekong River Delta also, where you have a nice boat trip in floating markets, buy and taste many specialties like coconut, durian, fish sauce, dried fish... Picking fruits still be on the tree to taste is a totally fresh experience too.

Vung Tau is a beautiful beach, not so crowded, let you a have relaxed time with gentle sunshine and waves.

Several destinations I have opportunity to visit. There are still many more amazing places such as: Sapa, Hoi An, Da Lat, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon, Phan Thiet... I will let you find out by yourself, because it's a very fun research though.

And if you have any question, it's my pleasure to be the person answering these questions for you at Vietnam Itinerary 5 Days

Was in Halong Bay about 6 days ago. I would have done anything to go to BTL and NOT Halong Bay. It is the same body of water, you will go out of the same wharf, but will hopefully miss some of the pollution in Halong Bay, people and plastic!

Halong Bay overnight cruise always is the first choice for your vacation in Vietnam!
Halong bay overnight cruise the best way to enjoy Halong Bay. Now kick start your journey by hiring a boat cruise through the bay that will let you indulge in the breathtaking vistas of islets. There are plenty of options when it comes to cruising in Halong Bay. Most cruises fall under one of the three categories: Budget Cruises, Mid-range Cruises and Luxury Cruises, with the luxury level ascending in that order. Some cruises go as far as to accommodate a 5 star resort room type on board, with diverse forms of entertainment.

Enjoy sampan rowing in Halong Bay Vietnam​

Trang An Boat Tour in Ninh Binh is second one!
Trang An Grottoes and Trang An Landscape Complex is a prominent place in Southeast Asia and the world which contains abundant archaeological evidences preserved, mostly shells, animal bones, pottery, stone tools, kitchen floor and human remains.

How amazing it is!

Trang An Boat Tour along beautiful rive next to the rice fields

Last edited:
Hi friends,

I will show you a little bit about Vietnam, my beautiful homeland and my pride every time I think of.

Vietnam is a worth-visiting country with 4000-year history and distinctive cultural features, which will impress you at the first glance.

Hanoi, where I've lived for 20 years, might be bustle and so crowded. But if you are in Hanoi for such a long time like me, you will know every sense of traditional, antique beauty for a-thousand-year history. Hanoi Old Quarter, splendid and showy at night, charming and gracious in a special moment, appeals curious visitors to discover a long-standing culture and belief. Nearby Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake is well-known with the legendary story related to our history. Ho Chi Minh Complex, a sedate and earnest place for the mighty chief of our nation, Ho Chi Minh, having a nice sleep in heaven. And Long BIen Bridge, the bridge going across 3 centuries, will show you idyllic landscape in this hustle city.

Then, we may go to Ninh Binh, to have a nice boat ride in Trang An Landscape Complex, UNESCO World Heritage. If you still remember the blockbuster movie Kong: Skull Island, you might go to Trang An before, in the movie =))) You choose to have a boat ride in Trang An or Tam Coc, both choices still give you a precious chance into wonderland, dip yourself in spectacular nature to see hanging-down stalactites with various and weird shape =)))

Halong Bay may attract you in another way. Being a marvelous gift from Mother Nature, Halong Bay is a dream for locals. If you have a chance to cruise through spectacular landscape with Sung Sot Cave, Thien Cung Grotto, go kayaking through the Bay, visit floating fishing village and go squid-fishing, you will understand why locals love this place that much...

In the Central, we have Hue, dreaming and graceful, famous for palm-leaf conical hat and traditional costume Ao dai. Gently floating on Huong river, looking at majestic scene of Ngu Binh mountain, going into Thien Mu pagoda, we just feel harmony, eurhythmic diapason of nature and the city. That explains why Hue people are very kind, amiable, gratuitious like that.

On the contrary, Da Nang is dynamic city with amusement parks, entertainments, and most importantly, beautiful blue beaches with stretching-out sands for us to be lazy day by day. In the cable car to Ba Na Hill, we can take a lot of gorgeous photos in the breathtaking background.

In the South, you don't wanna miss Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam. You can go to The Reunification Palace, the place marking an important and brilliant milestone of Vietnamese history in 1975 (the day Northern and Southern Vietnamese reunify and burst into emotion). Notre Dame Basilica is a worth-visiting place, where you still see bright red brick originated from Toulouse, France. And don't forget having fun on Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, where organize many interesting outdoor events.

You may want to visit Mekong River Delta also, where you have a nice boat trip in floating markets, buy and taste many specialties like coconut, durian, fish sauce, dried fish... Picking fruits still be on the tree to taste is a totally fresh experience too.

Vung Tau is a beautiful beach, not so crowded, let you a have relaxed time with gentle sunshine and waves.

Several destinations I have opportunity to visit. There are still many more amazing places such as: Sapa, Hoi An, Da Lat, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon, Phan Thiet... I will let you find out by yourself, because it's a very fun research though.

And if you have any question, it's my pleasure to be the person answering these questions for you at Vietnam Itinerary 5 Days
The highlight of Hanoi city. Start your day with a visit to the Presidential Palace (formerly the French Indochina Governor’s Palace)

Back