Things to do AROUND and NEAR Hanoi for a Further discovery

Duc Pham

1. Co Loa Ancient Citadel Relics
Co Loa Citadel is known as one of the first urban center of Vietnam with significant historic, archaeological, architectural and cultural merits.
Co-Loa-Pagoda.jpg

2. Thanh Chuong Viet Palace
Thanh Chuong Viet Palace is among Hanoi’s most important cultural sites with antique arts and impressive historical artifacts.
Thanh-Chuong-Viet-Palace-An-impressive-cultural-site-in-Hanoi.jpg

You will have the opportunity to explore the ancient history of Vietnam through the Buddhist Temple and Thien Huong Tower.
3. Bat Trang Ceramic Village
You cannot miss Bat Trang Ancient Village and its unique antique architecture. Main highlights are Van Van Ancient House and Bat Trang Village Communal House.
Be-a-potter-in-one-day-at-Bat-Trang-Ceramic-Village.jpg

Skillful potters will give you step-by-step instructions. My friends and I did have a “masterpiece” of our own, and the making process was fun!
4. Duong Lam Ancient Village
The-entrance-to-Duong-Lam-Ancient-Village-on-a-sunny-day.jpg

The entrance to Duong Lam Ancient Village on a sunny day
You should consider including an adventure to explore the architecture of ancient houses while wandering along narrow alleyways.
Another nice thing to do around Hanoi is to join interesting farming activities and cooking class at Duong Lam Ancient Village.
5. Ha Dong Silk Village/Van Phuc Silk Village
Van-Phuc-Village-for-quality-silk.jpg

Van Phuc Village for quality silk
Ha Dong Silk Village or Van Phuc Silk Village is a beautiful silk weaving village from a thousand years ago.
One of the most famous silks weaving shop is of artist Trieu Van Mao’s. You can also have many choices of products at Van Phuc silk market.
6. Ba Be
Main tourist attractions at Ba Be are Ba Be Lake and Ba Be National Park, Puong Cave, Dau Dang Waterfall, Hua Ma Cave, Fairy Pond, Pac Ngoi Village, An Ma Temple, etc.
Pac-Ngoi-Village-by-the-Ba-Be-Lake.jpg

Pac Ngoi Village by the Ba Be Lake
In addition, cycling along the zigzag forest path or trek in the primitive forest of the lake is also very interesting.
Cycling-around-at-Ba-Be.jpg

Cycling around at Ba Be
7. Chua Huong/Perfume Pagoda
Perfume-Pagoda-attracting-many-visitors.jpg

Perfume Pagoda attracting many visitors
This is a very popular pagoda among Vietnamese people. You can gain insight into the spiritual life of the local through this trip.
8. Mai Chau
In Mai Chau, you can visit Ban Lac Village for colorful brocade shops and hospitable local people.
Also, you can visit Thai Museum for artifacts of ancient Thai people preserved in Van Cultural House.
I did enjoy cycling around Thai village with my friends. We planned to rent a motorbike to Go Lao Waterfall, but the weather was not nice on that day. You can give it a try.
9. Moc Chau
Moc-Chau-during-the-rice-season.jpg

Moc Chau during the rice season
Moc Chau is the largest and most beautiful mountainous area in the Northern Vietnam.
Its temperate climate makes Moc Chau a famous tourist site with such as Doi Cave, Moc Chau pine forest, Thai Hung waterfall and Moc Chau town, etc.
10. Ninh Binh
I include Ninh Binh in my list of best things to do around Hanoi as it has a lot to offer. There must be reasons for the crew of Kong: Skull Island to shoot some of their scenes here, right?
Visitors-enjoying-a-nice-boat-trip-in-Ninh-Binh-1024x576.jpg

With stunning landscapes of peaceful luxuriant rice paddy fields, charming meandering rivers, majestic mountainous terrains and splendid limestone caves, the destination is ideal for all types of travellers with different preference.

For more tips and transportation infomation, visit Things to do around and near Hanoi

Back