Five Places To Relax In London

VanUk

London is a lively, exciting and bustling city. Most of the time this is a wonderful thing but there are times when we all want nothing more than to escape from the hustle and bustle.

Here are five places that are great escapes when you need to take a moment to get your head together.

1. Greenwich Park: An oasis on the outskirts of the city. The park features impressive views towards the National Maritime Museum and breath taking views across the River Thames. In addition a bit of peace and quiet the park is also home to the Royal Observatory. The Royal Observatory is the home of the Prime Meridian and GMT, otherwise known as Greenwich Mean Time. A must for any family as the children will be sure to study about this building in school.
greenwich_park.jpg

2. St James's Park: Perhaps there is no greater place to experience the major contrast between the city and the calmness of a park. St James's Park & The Green Park lying to the East of Buckingham Palace and you would be hard pressed to remember that the busy roads are but a few feet away. The park, which was acquired by King Henry VIII at the same time as Hyde Park, has a special feeling due to being set against the backdrop of the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben and overlooking the River Thames.
st_james_park.jpg

3. Brompton Cemetery: The Brompton Cemetery opened in 1837 and since then about 200,000 people have been buried within the cemetery. Included in those numbers a famous people and war heroes and the normal soldiers of many wars. Until 1997 it was also the resting place of Native American Sioux Indian Chief, Long Wolf, who died in London in 1892 while on tour with Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. In 1997 his body was returned to South Dakota. Amongst the more modern famous inhabitants are race car pioneer Percy Lambert, singer and operetta composer Richard Tauber and suffragette leader Emmeline Pankhurst.
Brompton_Cemetery.jpg

4. St Martin-in-the-Fields: Located in the heart of the chaos that is Trafalgar Square, St Martin-in-the-Fields is one of London's most loved churches. The church strives to have an open door policy that not only allows it to be sanctuary of faith but also from the hectic world outside.The choice of what to do once inside. Options range from a meal in the crypt restaurant, an evening classical music concert, browsing through the art gallery or simply sitting in peace.

5. Somerset House: The main feature of this beautiful building has to be its courtyard. Travelers of all ages will find it a pleasure to spend some time in its confines. During the summer months the main features of the courtyard are the orchestrated water jets the shoot up from granite flagstones. In the evenings the fountains as illuminated to create an even more beautiful setting. In the winter months the fountains are replaced by an outdoor ice skating rink which has quickly become a London favourite. Also, over the past few summers there have been open air concerts held where the skating rink is in the winter. Some big acts have played in the small and unique venue making for some special shows.
Somerset_house.jpg

All these places are very charming sites on the earth. These pictures are eye-catching and I would like to say thank you because these pictures you captured are looking superb. And my wish I could visit at least one place once in my life.

London is beautiful and wonderful city in all over the world. There are amny palce for relax like:

1) The London Eye.
2) Tower of London.
3) Greenwich Park.
4) Westminster Abbey.
5) National Gallery.

Really the pics are amazing.. London is a great place to visit and have fun.. There is so much to do over there that you will feel to be there always.. The places you mentioned above are very nice and I will definitely look forward to it..

It is really great and valuable information for whom they want to go to London for holidays.the information will be useful for them.

London is assumed as one of the worldÃÔ great city ..Also my favorite city offering many exciting things to do and sights to see..London's Black boxy cabs, red double Decker buses or those grand symbols of Britain are something unique in itself ..Buckingham Palace a Queens official London residence is a Important Landmark of London ans such there are several landmarks to see..But some time we like to go to quieter place away from main busy streets than the the places list above are the great option in London to relax..

London is famous and popular place in all over the world. There are many place to relax in London like London Movie Tours, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Natural History Museum, Westminster Abbey and so on.

Photos are awesome . Love to see photos. According to me 5 places to relax in London are
1 Greenwich Park
2. National Gallery.
3. Kew Gardens
4. Windsor Castle
5. Stonehenge

Hi friends,

Wow thanks for the recommendations! Personally I would avoid the Tower of London - the queues are absolutely massive. Unless you get there are really early. The London Eye is definitely worth going up. It has queues, but they move very quickly. The views from the top are breathtaking. Another thing I had thoroughly recommend - which Bedhead has mentioned above - is a boat trip from Westminster Pier. It's a fun and relaxing way of seeing a large stretch of the city, and they usually have a guide/commentary as you cruise along.

Thanks once again for all the help!
Carter Collins

All these places are very beautiful places on earth. These images are spectacular, and I want to say thank you for those photos you took are great. And I wish I could visit one place at least once in my life.

Basically, you'll just have a find an off-the-beaten-track kind of pace for relaxing. There are some quite pubs where you can chill out and watch people passing by.

Back