Travel tablet to replace laptop

newmarket2

Just finished a 4 week trip with a laptop which was relatively light (compared to other laptops) but still too heavy
I'm looking for an android tablet for doing email, quicken, photoshop (organizing only), and internet surfing....not watching videos or gaming.
I have a Fire Tablet, which I use for watching sports, movies and series...but it can't easily run software that Amazon blocks
My phone is a Pixel 7 and my PC is Windows 11

Last edited:
If you want a light and powerful tablet for travel then you can never go wrong with any of the current samsung galaxy tablets. Furthermore, if you have a samsung laptop, it will sync well with a samsung tablet. Hope this helps!

Just finished a 4 week trip with a laptop which was relatively light (compared to other laptops) but still too heavy
I'm looking for an android tablet for doing email, quicken, photoshop (organizing only), and internet surfing....not watching videos or gaming.
I have a Fire Tablet, which I use for watching sports, movies and series...but it can't easily run https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-for-beginners/ software that Amazon blocks
My phone is a Pixel 7 and my PC is Windows 11
For your needs, you'll want an Android tablet that is lightweight, portable, and capable of handling email, productivity tasks like Quicken, basic photo editing with Photoshop, and internet browsing. Here are a few options to consider:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE: This tablet offers a large 12.4-inch display with a high resolution, making it great for productivity tasks and multimedia consumption. It runs on Android and has a powerful processor, which should handle email, Quicken, Photoshop Express, and web browsing smoothly. Plus, it supports the use of a stylus for precision tasks.
Lenovo Tab P11 Pro: With a sleek and lightweight design, the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro is another excellent option. It features a vibrant 11.5-inch OLED display, making it ideal for viewing photos and videos. It runs on Android and is powered by a Snapdragon processor, ensuring smooth performance for your tasks.
Google Pixel Slate: Since you already use a Pixel phone, the Google Pixel Slate could be a seamless addition to your tech ecosystem. It boasts a high-resolution 12.3-inch display, premium build quality, and support for productivity apps from the Google Play Store. It's lightweight and portable, making it convenient for travel.
Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus (with Google Play Store): While you already have a Fire Tablet for media consumption, you can consider the Fire HD 10 Plus for basic productivity tasks as well. By sideloading the Google Play Store onto the device, you can access a wider range of apps, including email clients, Quicken alternatives, and photo editing apps.

Before making a purchase, consider factors such as display size, processing power, storage capacity, and compatibility with the software you intend to use. Additionally, read reviews and user feedback to ensure the tablet meets your specific needs and preferences.

Back