Does Anti-Theft Bag really help protect your stuff?

Tara

I am a bit skeptical about anti-theft bags if they can really help secure your personal belongings. Does anyone have experiences using it? Can you at least 90% rely on it? I'm sure it's better than most ordinary backpacks, but I want to make sure of its "security" elements.

Thanks for your opinions.

I am a bit skeptical about anti-theft bags if they can really help secure your personal belongings. Does anyone have experiences using it? Can you at least 90% rely on it? I'm sure it's better than most ordinary backpacks, but I want to make sure of its "security" elements.

Thanks for your opinions.

Hi Tara,

I recently purchased 2 anti-theft products prior to heading to Bali & for use in Thailand (where I am at present). As a solo female traveller carrying cash together with electronic items - I needed a small backpack to store these items & for this purpose I purchased a Pacsafe Citisafe CX Anti-Theft Convertible Backpack. The other item was a Pacsafe Travelsafe 5L GII Portable Safe which I leave in my hotel room to store my valuable items including my iPad, etc.

I've found both these items to be a good investment which serve a practical purpose. If you'd like to know more - here are the details:

http://travelnanna.com/pacsafe-citysafe-cx-anti-theft-convertible-backpack-reviewed/
http://travelnanna.com/pacsafe-travelsafe-5l-gii-portable-safe-review/

Pacsafe-Citisafe-CX-Anti-Theft-Convertable-Backpack-Beige.jpgTravelsafe-Travelsafe-5L-GII.jpg

It depends on the quality of the locker, I hope, the presence of the anti-theft locker may discourage the criminals. I have been using a clear backpack for more than a year, happy to say it works. I am using this one - Clear Backpack

Some of the best features of an anti-theft bag are the zipper locks and the RFID blocking material. These features prevent the bag from being opened without the password or the RFID card being inserted. The RFID blocking material prevents unauthorized access to the information stored on the RFID chip. The bag also comes with a security pocket, which can be used to safely store the password and the card. But overall it depends on the quality of the product and how it's designed.

Back