The Indus Valley Civilization is where India's long-standing culture of handicrafts first began. The magnificent metalwork, ceramics, paintings, stone carvings, hand-woven textiles, terracotta objects, and numerous other artefacts made of wood, bamboo, cane, coconut shell, jute, etc. are all included in India's rich heritage of traditional handicrafts. Here are some of the traditional crafts of India that make for great souvenirs.
- Coconut and Coir Craft, Kerala
- Kondapalli Toys, Andhra Pradesh.
- Jaipur Blue Pottery, Rajasthan
- Karimnagar Silver Filigree, Telangana
- Stone crafts, Uttar Pradesh