Morocco is a country with a rich history and culture, known for its beautiful architecture, stunning landscapes, and delicious food. Some of the top tourist attractions in Morocco include:
- Marrakech: Known as the "Red City," Marrakech is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its souks, palaces, and gardens, including the Bahia Palace and the Koutoubia Mosque.
- Fes: The oldest of Morocco's imperial cities, known for its medieval architecture, including the Bou Inania Medersa and the Dar Batha Museum.
- Chefchaouen: A picturesque mountain town known for its blue-painted buildings, and it is a popular destination for hiking and photography.
- The Sahara Desert: A visit to the Sahara is a must-do when in Morocco, you can take a camel trek or 4x4 tour to explore the sand dunes, and overnight in a desert camp.
- The Atlas Mountains: a great place to experience traditional Berber culture, and offers many opportunities for hiking, trekking and mountain biking.
- The Imperial Cities: The Imperial Cities of Morocco - Marrakech, Fes, Meknes and Rabat - are all UNESCO World Heritage sites, and are known for their history, culture, and beautiful architecture.
- The Medina of Essaouira: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Essaouira is a charming coastal town known for its medieval fortifications, beaches and the bustling port.
- The Hassan II Mosque: A grand mosque in Casablanca, it is the largest mosque in Morocco and the 13th largest in the world.
- The Bahia Palace: A beautiful palace in Marrakech, it is known for its intricate tilework and gardens.
- The Todra Gorge: A stunning natural wonder located in the High Atlas Mountains, it offers opportunities for hiking and rock climbing.
Picture Credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/morocco-city-historic-village-clay-2349647/