Things to Do in Washington

Mani Venkat

here are some popular things to do in Washington, covering a range of interests:

1. National Mall and Monuments: Visit iconic landmarks like the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and the Capitol Building.
  2. Smithsonian Museums: Explore the vast collection of museums including the National Air and Space Museum, National Museum of Natural History, and many more, most of which are free to enter.
  3. White House Tour: While tours need to be arranged in advance through your embassy, it's a memorable experience if you can secure a spot.
  4. Georgetown: Wander through historic streets, shop at boutique stores, and enjoy waterfront dining along the Potomac River.
  5. National Zoo: Free to visit, it's home to pandas and a wide variety of animals from around the world.
  6. The National Gallery of Art: Explore classic and modern art collections, including works by Da Vinci, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh.
  7. Kennedy Center: Catch a performance or take a guided tour of this renowned performing arts center.
  8. Dupont Circle: Known for its vibrant nightlife, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
  9. Arlington National Cemetery: Pay respects at the gravesites of American heroes, including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
  10. Eastern Market: Experience local food and crafts in this historic market.
These are just a few highlights; Washington, D.C. offers a wide range of activities depending on your interests!

This is seriously such a great guide to Thailand! Love how you break it down for all interests - you can relax on beaches, explore temples or hit the shops! Super helpful for anyone planning a trip there.

For me, the northern mountains around Chiang Mai look epic for exploring - have you been trekking there? I'd love to hear your recommendations? I found luxurious amenities in America pretty organized.

Back