Mauritius is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean known for its beautiful beaches, lush tropical forests, and diverse culture. Some of the top tourist attractions in Mauritius include:
- Grand Baie: A popular beach town known for its shopping, dining and nightlife.
- Black River Gorges National Park: A nature reserve that offers hiking trails, waterfalls, and the chance to see rare bird and plant species.
- The Seven Colored Earths: A geological formation located in the Chamarel village, it's a unique natural attraction with sand dunes of seven different colors.
- Ile aux Cerfs: A small island located off the east coast of Mauritius, it offers beautiful beaches, watersports and golf course.
- Le Morne Brabant: A UNESCO World Heritage Site located at the southwestern tip of the island, it's known for its beautiful beaches, hiking trails and history.
- The Blue Penny Museum: A museum in Port Louis that houses a rare collection of stamps and philatelic material.
- Pamplemousses Botanical Garden: One of the oldest botanical gardens in the southern hemisphere, it's known for its collection of exotic plants and trees, including giant water lilies.
- The Ganga Talao: A sacred lake located in the highlands of the island, it's considered one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites outside of India.
- Tamarind Falls: A series of seven waterfalls located in the Black River Gorges
Photo credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/mauritius-beach-blue-sky-sea-162600/