Italy Trip?

Diago

Hi,
I live in CA and I am going on my honeymoon.
We are going to, Italy; I just don’t know enough about the two to make my decision. Please suggest me with your valuable tips. What do you guys think?
Please give me your valuable suggestion.
Thanks.

---------------
best of Italy tour

I was teaching English in summer camps last year in Italy, and I had 3 weeks holiday between a couple camps. I started in Sorrento and stayed around there 5 days or so, popped to Naples for a day and a night and got an overnight train to Sicily. Saw a couple places in the West first (including the Valley of the temples- incredible!) then went over to the East in a lovely place called Siracuse (where I actually fell in love with a Sicilian and am still seeing now…) then hopped back on the overnight train straight to Rome for 3 nights, Florence for 3, and Venice for 2. Was a great trip and I spent £1000 ($1600) for accommodation ,food and everything I did (I think just one day in the whole trip I did nothing and laid on the beach, ah yeah in Venice when I ran outta money!).

I adoreeeeeeeeeee Italy! Which is why I’m moving there in January to teach English. Yay me! Thanks for your post. Diago!

Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s "David" and Brunelleschi's Duomo; Venice, the city of canals; and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital.

Just started thinking about a trip to Italy end of 2020 so will be watching this thread with interest. If you could stay anywhere for 6 nights over Christmas what would be your number one suggestion?

When I think of Italy I can only imagine being there in summer...

Planning your dream honeymoon in Italy? Prepare to be enchanted! Italy, with its rich history, breath-taking landscapes, delicious cuisine, and captivating culture, is an idyllic destination for a romantic getaway. Whether you're seeking the tranquillity of picturesque towns or the vibrant allure of bustling cities, this marvellous country offers an array of honeymoon destinations to suit every couple's desires. So, without further ado, let's explore the best places to visit in Italy for an unforgettable honeymoon.

1. Venice: Embark on a fairy-tale journey in the "City of Love." Glide along the serene canals in a gondola, stroll hand-in-hand through narrow alleyways, and savour candlelit dinners overlooking the lagoon. The timeless charm of Venice will create lasting memories.

Venice

2. Amalfi Coast: Prepare to be mesmerized by the Amalfi Coast's sheer beauty. Take in the dramatic cliffs, pastel-coloured villages, and azure waters. Explore enchanting towns like Positano and Ravello, indulge in delectable seafood, and relax on stunning beaches. The Amalfi Coast epitomizes romance.

Amalfi Coast

3. Tuscany: Unwind amidst rolling vineyards, cypress-lined landscapes, and charming hilltop towns. Tuscany is a haven for couples seeking tranquillity and a taste of the good life. Explore the art-filled streets of Florence, enjoy wine tastings in the Chianti region, and immerse yourself in the beauty of Pisa and Siena.

Tuscany

4. Rome: Discover the eternal city's timeless romance. Stroll hand-in-hand through the cobbled streets, marvel at iconic landmarks such as the Colosseum and Vatican City, and savour mouth-watering Italian cuisine. Rome's blend of history, culture, and passion will leave you spellbound.
  5. Cinque Terre: Experience the charm of the Italian Riviera in the enchanting Cinque Terre. This collection of five colourful fishing villages is a haven for nature-loving couples. Hike the scenic trails, soak up breath-taking coastal views, and enjoy romantic sunsets by the sea.
  6. Lake Como: Escape to the stunning beauty of Lake Como, surrounded by majestic mountains and elegant villas. Take a boat ride across the tranquil waters, explore charming lakeside towns like Bellagio, and indulge in the region's exquisite cuisine. Lake Como exudes romance and serenity.
  7. Capri: A jewel in the Gulf of Naples, Capri offers an intimate and luxurious honeymoon experience. Discover hidden coves, explore the Blue Grotto, and soak up the glamorous ambiance of this island paradise. Don't miss the stunning views from the Gardens of Augustus.
  8. Sicily: If you're looking for a mix of history, natural beauty, and Mediterranean charm, Sicily is your perfect honeymoon destination. Explore ancient ruins in Agrigento, wander through the charming streets of Taormina, and indulge in the island's unique cuisine.
Remember, these are just a few highlights of the countless romantic destinations that Italy has to offer. Whichever location you choose, Italy will cast its spell on you, creating an unforgettable honeymoon experience filled with love, adventure, and memories to last a lifetime.

Wishing you an incredible journey as you begin your new chapter together

Back