The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is home to the country's capital, Canberra, and offers a variety of things to see and do for tourists:
- Visit the Australian War Memorial: This iconic museum honours the sacrifices of Australians who have served in war and peacekeeping operations.
- Explore the National Museum of Australia: Learn about the history and culture of the country through interactive exhibits and displays.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia: Admire the vast collection of Australian and international art, including works by famous artists such as Jackson Pollock and Vincent van Gogh.
- Tour the Parliament House: Take a guided tour of the seat of Australia's government and learn about the country's political history.
- Visit the Royal Australian Mint: See how coins are made and take a tour of the mint's facilities.
- Take a walk around Lake Burley Griffin: Enjoy the beautiful views of the lake, the surrounding parks and the city's landmarks.
- Visit the Australian National Botanic Gardens: Explore the gardens and learn about the country's native plants.
- Visit the Questacon: The National Science and Technology Centre is a great place for families to learn about science and technology in a fun and interactive way
- Take a day trip to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve: This reserve is located in the nearby Brindabella Ranges and offers visitors the opportunity to see native Australian wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, and echidnas.
- Enjoy the local food and wine: Canberra is home to a thriving food and wine scene, with many local wineries, breweries, and restaurants to choose from.
Picture credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/parliament-house-canberra-australia-168300/